Social Media Comment Policy
Social media is a great way to share ideas, provide information and have informative discussions. Maryland State Board of Elections encourages and values comments on our social media websites. However, to help ensure that these platforms remain a space that is welcoming to everyone, we reserve the right to delete comments that may contain, constitute, or link to:
- Vulgar, obscene or abusive language and images
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language of any kind
- Hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion or disability
- Personal identifying information published including phone numbers or email addresses
- Advertisements, promotions, or solicitations of a commerical product or service
- Clearly off topic discussions
- Disruptively repetitive content
- Comments that advocate illegal activities
- Malicious or harmful software
- Copyrighted materials in violation of State or federal law
Individuals who violate this policy may be temporarily or permanently banned from future commenting or viewing of the social media page without notification.
Please note that the comments posted to this site represent the opinions of the individuals providing the comment and not the views, positions or policies of the Maryland State Board of Elections.
We welcome comments at any time of day, however, responding to comments generally occurs during regular business hours Monday through Friday and during voting hours on early voting and election days. Comments and questions submitted at other times will be reviewed and replied to as soon as possible.
This social media comment policy may be modified or updated at any time. If you have any questions about this comment policy, please give us a call at 410-269-2840.
Any deleted posts will not be stored or archived by the Maryland State Board of Elections.